Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy New Year! Ok I know it's a little bit late....

The Dynamic Duo




At last, I have finally gotten myself organised enough to sit down and update this page! Things have been going non stop since the end of November. Here's a quick summary..


Once the suitcase came out, we started getting the evil eye!!



First of all we headed off to Krakow on the 29th of Nov until the Dec 6th, which was great. The extra few days made a massive difference, really got a chance to explore many more of the nooks and crannies of what truly is a gorgeous city. When we arrived home it was to some awful weather, wind and rain and more rain! I was only off the plane a couple of hours when I headed off to collect the fur babies from the cattery. Oliver apparently had made two bids for freedom while he was there. He had managed to pull back part of a partition high up on the wall and get into the pen next door! I was really surprised, usually he can hardly muster enough energy to move from his chair to a more comfy spot on the couch, and here he was recreating the great escape! I think Poppy probably drove him to it! Anyway they were delighted when they arrived home, they ran around checked everything was as they left it and settled right back in :)




Krakow - Main Square

Spotted this little kitty in the Old Jewish Quarter



Wawel Castle, Krakow





Now THAT'S a Christmas tree! (Main Square Krakow)




Oskar Schindler Factory



Krakow

We were just back two days when we got a visit from our American friend John, (Oliver's original rescuer & his honorary Godfather, hehehe). It was great to see John again and even though Oliver was just a kitten the last time they met, I'm sure Ollie recognised him!


Poppy by Candlelight at Christmas


After that the mayhem of Christmas took over our lives! My hopes that Poppy would totally ignore the Christmas tree now that she was a year older and, ahem, wiser were totally WRONG!! If anything she was worse. And this year we had to buy a new tree (yes we use artificial :P) as last year she totally destroyed our old one, so naturally I wanted to keep her from swinging from the branches like some kind of cat-monkey hybrid! The best I could do in the end was leave the electric pump from our old air bed plugged in under the tree and every time she attempted to eat/climb/destroy the tree, I turned it on. Both Poppy and Oliver dislike the hoover and this sounded similar, so it kept her away. Unfortunately She was wise enough to realise the pump did not have a life of it's own and needed me to produce the awful racket, so if she was allowed in the room on her own she would do a much damage a possible! Solution to this, she was locked out of the room when we were not in it! Overall it wasn't as stressful as it sounds, the tree did survive the festive season and it will be making a comeback appearance next year :)

We also had family visiting over the Christmas and New Year period, so it's really only now that I'm getting back in to anything that resembles a proper routine. I'm also trying to improve my knowledge of photoshop (couple of my attempts below). And my one and only new Years Resolution? To update my blog regularly :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Good to see you back. I missed the cat pics :)

Sandra said...

Thanks Trinity!
I'm going to try and be very good in 2008 & keep updating on a regular basis :)