Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Cat Loo! (with door!!)


New Cat Loo

As I have two indoor cats the one thing I am always concerned about is odour from their litter tray. I would hate if any guests to our home could tell we had cats by the smell! As a result I am very particular about keeping their tray clean.
Through trial and error I have now settled on a litter I am extremely happy with called 'Worlds Best Cat Litter - All Natural'. It is excellent for odour control and clumps really well, so it's dead easy to remove the undesirable bits with a scoop. Also because it is natural it's flushable.
I've also invested in a new hooded cat loo with door! We've always had a hooded loo, but when Oliver was a kitten he was too little to push in the door, so we removed it and left it off. With the addition of Poppy (they share the litter tray happily) I felt a loo with a door would be more effective, both for odour control and discretion! So on Monday I made my purchase straight from the new Argos catalogue (see pic above) and I'm thrilled.
The new loo is much more stylish looking with rounded edges and a cool little snap in thingy for the litter scoop, which came with it, built in on top. Also as the litter tray itself is curved inside it's much easier to clean. It also has a filter on top to help with the odour control, these can be replaced. It took Poppy all of five minutes to get used of pushing in the door to use the loo! After that she was popping in and out for the sheer fun of it! Oliver was a bit more wary and it took him a little while watching Poppy to get the idea. Two days latter, they are both using it happily, which I'm delighted with.
Speaking of cats and toilets, I came across this video on You Tube and had to share it !

No comments: