Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Plants, Flowers & Other Pretty (Dangerous) Things...




Cats are like children in so many ways, both cats and children bring joy to their parents, both make you smile at their antics and both eat things they shouldn't!


I received a lovely bunch of flowers today and my first though after how lovely they were was 'I hope they aren't poisonous to cats!' Call this paranoia on my part, I accept that I am an over anxious cat parent. But prevention is better that cure :) I am also aware of how nosey my two are and knew the second they were placed in a vase they'd be over for a sniff and a nibble! It's the nibble I worry about and sure enough I've spent most of the day moving the flowers from one out-of-cats-reach spot to another another!


By now though the novelty has worn off and said flowers are pride of place on our dining table :D Oliver and Poppy have moved on to more exciting things, like the spider dangling outside our window!!


For those of you as paranoid as me here's a link to a site with a very comprehensive list of plants that are harmful to cats :) It also give images which is very handy for those of us not well up on our gardening!


http://www.russianblue.us/plants.html


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of a white kitten is so cute. It looks so helpless and stuck in a tree. You got a very nice blog.

Sandra said...

Thanks for the comment, glad u enjoy it :)