Wednesday, October 10, 2007

'It's All Fun & Games Until Someone Loses an Eye!'

I haven't been on much lately for a couple of reasons. One in particular being a rather sore eye!! All thanks to Oliver!
Well it was actually mostly my own fault. Oliver was batting my hair with his paw (this is where a sensible adult should have stopped things!) when some of it fell in front of my eye and in his enthusiasm to grab it, he stuck his claw in my eyeball! Ouch ;p
It was only a little scratch really and he missed my pupil by loads, so no real harm was done, except it stung like crazy and I had to go to the doctor for a tetanus shot :( The jab and the €50 bill hurt more than Oliver's claw in my eye!
It's fine now though. I've never really understood that saying 'It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!' until now, hehehehehe!

4 comments:

Willie_W said...

Yipes and Good Grief! That looks sore. You're lucky it didn't scrape your looky-out bit, sure enough.

Sandra said...

I know I was very lucky! It's funny now, but it could have been far from a laughing matter. Still these things happen I guess :)

Willie_W said...

At the best of times, living around cats is a dangerous pastime. Well apart from their habit of trying to pluck one's eye out at the merest dangle of a piece of hair, they have their bad tempers and panics that result in scratches and scapes.

Our eldest cat is a bad-tempered tortie with a dislike for feet. I think she sees them as independent entities and also a little smaller than she is, so she reckons "I can take that!"

I was a little worse the wear for drink one night and forgot about the furball at the end of the bed. I vaguely recall waking in the night and wondering what had woken me. In the morning, there was a perfect set of vampire-like fang marks in the arch of my foot where the bad-tempered little petal had wrapped herself four-legged around my foot and sank the fangs in.

Sandra said...

Poppy is a demon for feet as well! How she manages to sink her claws into my hubby's toes, under the duvet, without even looking under the duvet (!), is amazing, lol!!

She also chases what we refer to as 'bed mice', the bumps made by your feet under the bed covers, hehehe!